Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Nakuru Game Park

It was a sea of pink -- everywhere you looked, there were flamingos! I spent the weekend with some friends at Lake Nakuru Game Park. This park is famous for its flamingos. However, this year -- the flamingos are FABULOUS!

I asked a Park Ranger how many were on the lake this year and he said it was the most ever. They estimate over four million flamingos. Can you imagine?

I tried taking photos of it -- but there's just no way to show the magnitude or the beauty!

Oh - we also saw other animals in the park...Black and White Rhino stood next to our car. One cape buffalo was a little too close and faked a charge at us. No harm done to us, but it sure made our heart pump faster - ha-ha!

I am always so thankful to live in Africa after visiting one of the game parks. Seeing animals in their natural habitat is really indescribable. It doesn't matter how many times I go, it's always like the first time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for the picture of four million penguins!! HA!!